Bachelor of Science (BS) in Information Technology
Information Assurance and Security Specialization
School of Undergraduate Studies
Today's high-tech world relies on qualified information assurance and security professionals to maintain enterprise security. This specialization will prepare you to apply various processes, tools, and technologies, including security policies, social engineering, access control, authentication, perimeter security, disaster recovery and business continuity, risk management, incident response, and encryption as well as strategies to guard against viruses, malware, and spam. You will also build the business and communication skills required to influence internal decision making and overall organizational effectiveness.
You may be closer than you think. Our petition process helps you document prior learning. Based on an evaluation of your petition, you may earn credit for competencies developed through prior education or work experience.
- ENROLL NOW FOR CLASSES BEGINNING: May 1, 2017
- COST PER CREDIT: $290
- (pricing is subject to periodic adjustment)
- TOTAL QUARTER CREDITS : 180
To complete your bachelor's degree, you will need 45 quarter credits in general education subject areas with a minimum of 6 quarter credits from each category. We offer general education courses in communication, humanities, natural science and mathematics, and social science.
- TS 3006 - Communication Strategies for the IT Professional - 6 credits
- TS 3100 - Fundamentals of Web Application Development - 6 credits
- TS 3110 - Fundamentals of E-Business - 6 credits
- TS 3120 - Fundamentals of Project Management - 6 credits
- TS 3130 - Fundamentals of Database Systems - 6 credits
- TS 3140 - Fundamentals of Software Development - 6 credits
- TS 3150 - Fundamentals of Network Systems - 6 credits
- TS 3160 - Ethical and Human Side of Information Technology - 6 credits
- TS 4070 - CyberDefense & Countermeasures - 6 credits
- TS 4071 - CyberAttacks & Ethical Hacking - 6 credits
- TS 4072 - Operating Systems Security - 6 credits
- TS 4073 - Organizational Security - 6 credits
- TS 4074 - Applications Security - 6 credits
- TS 4075 - Computer Forensics - 6 credits
- TS 4076 - Security Management Practices - 6 credits
- TS 4803 - System Assurance Security - 6 credits
The following course should be taken during the learner's final quarter.
- TS 4990 - Integrated Action Learning Project - 6 credits
View all bachelor's degree specializations